You have Authority over the enemy!
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. John 10:1
But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. Matthew 13:25
Most often, Scripture tells us that the enemy (Satan) enters when we open the door and allow him access.
But, there are times He sneaks in; because he comes to kill and destroy - ANYTHING THAT IS GOOD AND GODLY!
In Matthew, Scripture tells us he comes on the account of the word. Anything God is trying to give you understanding of; the enemy tries to snatch away.
When Jesus was tempted, right after the Holy Spirit came upon Him, he said:
IT IS WRITTEN, Man shall not live by bread alone.
Bread is the word or spiritual food. Actual bread we eat with our mouth is physical food. But the bread Jesus was talking of was spiritual food! We are fed spiritually with His written (Logos) and spoken word (Rama).
If he can divert your attention to the cares of the world, then your ministry, your joy, your relationship with the Lord is thwarted. It is up to us to take authority over that situation!
God gave us the keys to the kingdom. He has overcome the enemy. Jesus swallowed up death on the cross (Hebrews 2:14) and we have authority to bind the enemy form anything in our life.
We do it with words, not just any words, but the words of God. Speak Gods word back to the enemy and it is done.
If you have thoughts that are a lie; SPEAK out loud: truth. Speak what God says you are!
Exchange a lie with the truth
IT IS WRITTEN: I am fearfully and wonderfully made. etc....
IT IS WRITTEN: I am ____________________________________________________
Father, Help me to become aware of my toxic thoughts that are leading me todeath and destruction.
Give me a hunger to seek what your Word promises me in that area.
Help me to take that thought captive and bring it into obedience to your Word; by exchanging the lie by SPEAKING the truth, which is LIFE!
• HELPFUL VERSES:
1 John 4:4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.
Luke 10:19 I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.
Romans 16:20 The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.
Romans 8:37-39 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons . . . will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
James 4:7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Ephesians 2:6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,
Ephesians 6:11 Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.
1 John 3:8 . . . The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil‘s work.
Mark 6:7 . . . Calling the Twelve to him, he sent them out two by two and gave them authority over evil spirits.
Luke 10:17 The seventy-two returned with joy and said, “Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name.”
Matthew 16:19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
Matthew 28:18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go. . . .”
John 14:12 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.
WHO I AM- in Christ.
WHO I AM- in Christ.
I am accepted..
• John 1:12 I am God's child. Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God
• John 15:15 As a disciple, I am a friend of Jesus Christ. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.
• Romans 5:1 I have been justified. Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
• 1 Corinthians 6:17 I am united with the Lord, and I am one with Him in spirit. But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit.
• 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 I have been bought with a price and I belong to God. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
• 1 Corinthians 12:27 I am a member of Christ's body. Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.
• Ephesians 1:3-8 I have been chosen by God and adopted as His child. Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding.
• Colossians 1:13-14 I have been redeemed and forgive of all my sins. For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
• Colossians 2:9-10 I am complete in Christ. For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority.
• Hebrews 4:14-16 I have direct access to the throne of grace through Jesus Christ. Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
I am secure...
• Romans 8:1 I am free from condemnation. Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
• Romans 8:28 I am assured that God works for my good in all circumstances. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
• Romans 8:31-39 I am free from any condemnation brought against me and I cannot be separated from the love of God. What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died more than that, who was raised to life is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughter" No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
• 2 Corinthians 1:21-22 I have been established, anointed and sealed by God. Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.
• Colossians 3:1-4 I am hidden with Christ in God. Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 4When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.
• Philippians 1:6 I am confident that God will complete the good work He started in me. being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
• Philippians 3:20 I am a citizen of heaven. But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Saviour from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,
• 2 Timothy 1:7 I have not been given a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind. For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.
• 1 John 5:18 I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me. We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him.
I am significant...
• John 15:5 I am a branch of Jesus Christ, the true vine, and a channel of His life. "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
• John 15:16 I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit, fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.
• 1 Corinthians 3:16 I am God's temple. Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?
• 2 Corinthians 5:17-21 I am a minister of reconciliation for God. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
• Ephesians 2:6 I am seated with Jesus Christ in the heavenly realm. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,
• Ephesians 2:10 I am God's workmanship. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
• Ephesians 3:12 I may approach God with freedom and confidence. In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.
• Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Who Am I in Christ?
I am a child of God; God is spiritually my Father.
For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!
In Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith.
I am a new creation in Christ; old things have passed away and all things have become new.
2 Corinthians 5:17
If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, the old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
I am in Christ.
As many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
I am an heir with the Father and a joint heir with Christ.
Because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!" So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God.
If children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him
I am reconciled to God and am an ambassador of reconciliation for Him.
2 Corinthians 5:18-19
All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.
I am a saint.
Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, To the saints who are in Ephesus, and are faithful in Christ Jesus.
1 Corinthians 1:2
To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours.
To all the saints in Christ Jesus who are at Philippi, with the overseers and deacons.
I am God's workmanship, created in Christ for good works.
We are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
I am a citizen of heaven.
You are no longer strangers and aliens,but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God.
Our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.
I am a member of Christ's body.
1 Corinthians 12:27
You are the body of Christ and individually members of it.
I am united to the Lord and am one spirit with Him.
1 Corinthians 6:17
He who is joined to the Lord becomes one spirit with him.
I am the temple of the Holy Spirit.
1 Corinthians 3:16
Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you?
1 Corinthian 6:19
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own.
I am a friend of Christ.
No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.
I am a slave of righteousness.
But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.
I am the righteousness of God in Christ.
2 Corinthians 5:21
For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
I am chosen and ordained by Christ to bear fruit.
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.
I am righteous and holy.
Put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.
I am hidden with Christ in God.
For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
I am the salt of the earth.
"You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people's feet"
I am the light of the world.
"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden."
I am part of the true vine.
"I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit"
I am filled with the divine nature of Christ and escape the corruption that is in the world
2 Peter 1:3-4
His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.
I am chosen of God, holy and dearly loved.
Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive
1 Thessalonians 1:4
For we know, brothers loved by God, that he has chosen you.
I am a child of light.
1 Thessalonians 5:5
For you are all children of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness.
I share in a heavenly calling.
Therefore, holy brothers, you who share in a heavenly calling, consider Jesus, the apostle and high priest of our confession.
I am more than a conqueror though Christ.
In all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
I am a partaker with Christ and share in His life.
For we have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original confidence firm to the end.
I am one of God's living stones, being built up in Christ as a spiritual house.
1 Peter 2:4-5
As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious, you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
I am a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation.
1 Peter 2:9
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.
I am the devil's enemy.
1 Peter 5:8
Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
I am born again by the Spirit of God.
Jesus answered him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." Nicodemus said to him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?" Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."
I am only travelling through this world.
1 Peter 2:11
Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul.
I am a child of God who always triumphs in Christ and releases His fragrance in every place.
2 Corinthians 2:14
Thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere.
I am seated in heavenly places in Christ.
God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ - by grace you have been saved— and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus.
I am saved by grace.
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God.
I am a recipient of every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places
I am redeemed by the blood of the Lamb.
And they sang a new song, saying, "Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals, for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation.
Speaker - Author